The Board of Selectmen has unanimously appointed Mr. Steve Ochmanski as Road Commissioner of Litchfield, effective Monday, February 10, 2013.
Mr. Ochmanski can be reached at the Town Office (268-4721) during regular business hours (8:30 a.m.-7 p.m., Mon.; 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Tue.-Thur.).
In the event of a roadway emergency (trees/wires down in the road or dangerous road conditions) outside of regular Town Office business hours, please call 911.
DOT Project Notices
The Maine DOT is planning two projects in Litchfield:
- Project No. 20339.00–Large Culvert Replacement on Rt. 197, located 1.046 miles southerly of the Wales/Litchfield town line; and
- Project No. 20479.00–Bridge Substructure Rehabilitation of Wharf Bridge (#3329) on the Litchfield/West Gardiner town line carrying Indiana and Dennis Hill Roads over Cobbossee Stream. A preliminary public meeting will be held Tuesday, September 23, 2014, at 6 p.m. at the Litchfield Town Office, 2400 Hallowell RD. Maine DOT representatives will be present. NOTE: This bridge will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic during construction. Any inquiries regarding this project may be directed to the attention of Joel Kittredge, Project Manager, Maine DOT, Bridge Program, 16 State House Station, Augusta, ME, 04333-0016. Tel.: 207-557-2193. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following DOT project in West Gardiner may be of interest to Litchfield residents who use Rt. 126:
- Project No. 20216.00–Roundabout construction on Rt. 126 in West Gardiner.
Progress on these projects will be reported here. In addition, more information about these projects can be viewed on the DOT website (Click on: DOT Projects). The projects are listed in the Kennebec County section (PDF p. 93; hard copy p. 83) in alphabetical order.
Maine Turnpike Authority Project Notices
- Litchfield Road Turnpike Overpass in Hallowell–The following Maine Turnpike Authority project in Hallowell may impact your travels if you use the Litchfield Road overpass in Hallowell. Available information indicates the overpass will be closed after the end of school in June (It is now closed.) until November 2014 in order to replace and increase the height of the bridge there. You can review additional project information, as well as monthly progress reports on the Turnpike website (Click on: Litchfield Road Overpass).
- West Road Turnpike Overpass in Litchfield–Work has been completed. (Click on: West Road Overpass).
- Rt. 126 Turnpike Overpass in West Gardiner–Work has been completed. (Click on: W.Gardiner Overpass).
Understanding Litchfield Public Works Snow and Ice Operations
To see an overview of the town’s Public Works Department preparation and operational plan for the upcoming winter season, click on: Public Works Winter Operations