Working for an efficient, low cost, effective Transfer Station and a Greener Litchfield
Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays
Location: 2274 Hallowell Rd, across from the Sportsmen’s Club
SWAP SHOP–Closed until further notice.
State Law requires the registered and controlled collection and removal of universal waste. Litchfield participates in this ongoing project.
The Litchfield Transfer Station accepts the following waste at no charge:
- Universal Waste–Computers, Electronic Equipment, Generators, Televisions, VCR’s, Stereos, Telephones, Copiers, Faxes, etc.
- Fluorescent Lamps—U-Lamps, Circles, Compacts (CFL), HID Lamps, Sodium and Mercury Vapor, etc.
- Batteries—Ni-Cd, Lead Acid, Alkaline, Magnesium, Lithium, Silver Oxide, etc.
- Mercury—Thermometers, Thermostats, Manometers, Mercury Relays, etc.
- Land-fill Items (a.k.a. Bulky Goods)—Furniture, Mattresses, Large Plastic Items, etc.
- Scrap Metal and White Goods—Washing Machines, Dryers, etc.
- Brush and Non-construction Wood—CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
The Litchfield Transfer Station accepts the following waste for a fee:
- Passenger Car Tires Only—$2 each
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioning Units—$10 each
We are in the process of compiling a list of locations where you may take the following items:
- Household Rubbish
- Construction/Demolition Debris
- Yard Waste
- Junk Vehicles
- Hazardous Materials
Recycling creates new products and new jobs, building a stronger economy and a cleaner environment.
Litchfield has a Solid Waste – Recycling Ordinance. It will be enforced.
Please don’t litter!